Walton Center for Family Dentistry utilizes advanced dental technology for optimal accuracy, comfort, and convenience. We provide high-tech, comfortable dental X-rays and use sophisticated equipment to fulfill your needs. Learn about the state-of-the-art technology we use at our practice below and then contact us online or call us at (770) 450-2030 to schedule an appointment!
Our advanced dental technology includes comfortable digital dental X-rays, which are utilized to detect problems with the teeth and surrounding tissues that often can’t be detected with a visual exam. An X-ray can reveal:
- Minute areas of decay between teeth or beneath existing restorations
- Deep cavities or areas of infection in the jaw bones
- Gum disease, cysts, or abscesses
- Developmental abnormalities
- Various types of tumors
Digital dental X-rays are a reliable and valuable tool for assessing your oral health, and they offer patients significant advantages over old-fashioned, conventional X-rays. This type of advanced dental equipment is also:
- Healthier: The amount of radiation emitted when using digital technology is less than that emitted from conventional X-rays.
- More comfortable: Instead of uncomfortable, sharp pieces of X-ray film, digital technology utilizes small, gentle sensors.
- Faster: The digital images are transmitted directly to our computer screen in minutes, enabling us to see results almost immediately.
- Convenient: We can email you a copy of your X-rays. You won’t have to carry around bulky envelopes with your results!
When considering a complex full-mouth restoration treatment or planning an orthodontic treatment, we use a full-view digital, panoramic dental X-ray to evaluate your entire mouth, instead of isolating specific areas.
An intraoral camera is a small video camera (about the size of a dental mirror) that allows our Loganville dentist to take pictures inside your mouth and document these images. It can zoom in and provide a magnified view of your teeth and gums on a TV or monitor. This helps us to better assess your dental health and to educate you about your diagnosis and treatment options.
In addition to high-tech dental X-rays and intraoral cameras, we also utilize magnification loupes, which are special vision-enhancing devices that surgeons use to see with greater detail and work with greater precision. With LED illumination, it allows us to really identify the disease on a tooth versus healthy tooth structure. At Walton Center for Family Dentistry, our highly-trained dentists use these same special prismatic glasses to achieve the best results when working in a small space, where accuracy is essential.
In addition to our advanced dental equipment, we minimize paper waste and optimize efficiency with our online patient registration and computerized patient charts.
- Microscope for viewing complex cases
- Electronic hand-pieces for noise reduction
- High-definition TVs for patient comfort and improved X-ray reviews
Want to learn more about the state-of-the-art dental X-rays or the advanced dental technology we use at our practice in Loganville, GA? Call (770) 450-2030 or schedule an appointment online to find out how we can provide you with the care you need!